The Terror Trail: Colaba by Night
Tours Of Cause:
If you are looking for a personalised walking tour experience with a small group of like-minded individuals, then Tours Of Cause is just the right thing for you. These aren’t your usual run-of-the-mill sightseeing tours or heritage walks for the time-starved tourist but are lengthier in format and substance. These tours are specially designed for sensitive, aware and responsible individuals who wish to know ‘more’. Tours Of Cause guarantees finer details that include social issues affecting locals of the particular zone in addition to the history and heritage of the zone. DraftCraft is committed to working with local communities on issues of social and legal reach and funds generated from Tours Of Cause are directed towards legal aid and social welfare of these communities. Some of DraftCraft’s popular tours in Mumbai include a flagship ‘The Terror Trail’ and unique tours of Sassoon Docks, Banganga, Worli Koliwada, Elephanta Island, Sewri, Salt Pans, Gateway of India, etc.
The Terror Trail:
In November 2008, Mumbai witnessed its worst terror attack that shook the city and the world. The 26/11 Attacks that began with the terrorists landing at 20:00 hours at a fishermen colony in Colaba and held Mumbai’s prized district ransom for three days. The terrorists particularly targeted crowded places frequented by foreigners and tourists – Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CST or VT), Leopold Cafe, Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, Oberoi Trident and Nariman House also known as Chabad House – a Jewish outreach centre. They were all high profile and located in and around Colaba.
The Terror Trail will handhold you through the exact ‘path’ taken by the terrorists, providing a minute-by-minute account of their movements and activities – as they occurred on a fateful night. The tour will end with a short-film screening ‘The Terror Trail’ at DraftCraft – The Mumbai Studio with Snacks and Beverage. DraftCraft’s Mumbai Studio is situated a stone’s throw away from Nariman House and witnessed the gruesome attacks in 2008. DraftCraft is actively involved in issues of national and civic security and intends to spread public awareness by way of this tour.
Walking Tour of The Terror Trail + Visit to important landmarks + Visit terror attack locations + Community Interaction + Film Screening + Snacks + A Pint of Beer OR Beverage (Tea/Coffee) + Expert Talk + Souvenir
Duration: Approximately 3 hours, preferably late evening
Meeting Point: DraftCraft – The Mumbai Studio, Colaba (Search for “DraftCraft Mumbai” on Google Maps)
Tours Of Cause are curated for smaller groups for personalised attention and better interaction. These tours can be entirely customised. We could conduct a tour exclusively for a couple or a small group of friends or family on a desirable day/date (separate charges will apply)
Where Does The Money Go?
DraftCraft is an international media-legal think tank that works primarily in the area of social justice across borders, communities and tribes. DraftCraft is not an NGO and all income is taxed in full. Funds generated from the event are directed towards pro bono activities in the respective area – legal aid camps, educational workshops, community welfare initiatives, women empowerment programmes, films to spread knowledge, documentation of cultures and practices, etc. If you are interested in VOLUNTEERING, you may contact us and we would love to meet you.
Terms and Conditions:
– All payments are to be made in Indian Rupees (INR) and in advance.
– Charges for the event are non-refundable and non-transferable.
– Charges for the event are indicative and likely to change depending on the customizations involved.
– It is mandatory to carry an official Photo ID on a person and in original (Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Passport).
– DraftCraft will take a copy of the Photo ID at the start of the event for police verification purposes.
– DraftCraft reserves the Right To Admission and Expulsion of the participant(s) to maintain law and order.
– A loss by any damage to property will have to be compensated for by the participant(s) responsible.
– DraftCraft is not responsible for any unforeseen loss or injury or damage brought to a participant or his belongings.
– Smoking or consuming alcohol (without requisite permit and permission) is strictly prohibited during the event.
– By registering for the event, you undertake that you accept all conditions.
– All visuals are indicative and used for representational purpose only.